Friday, January 4, 2013


Heb 11:17
He [Abraham] that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son.


                God promised an heir to Abraham, and He is the One who ultimately offered His Son. Abraham believed God was able to raise his son therefore he obeyed and offered his son, moreover, “Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.” Abraham fell in love with Jesus when he understood what meant the sacrifice of his only begotten son Isaac. The implication is that the sacrifice of God in giving us His Son and the sacrifice of Jesus make us fall in love with God! The impact on me is that I love God for what He has done and does for me!  My prayer is that we will fall in love with God for the infinite sacrifice he did for us personally and we will be good representatives of God’s love toward those who do not know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment