Sunday, January 6, 2013


Heb 11:26
[Moses] accounting the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt: for he looked unto the recompense of reward.


                God promised Moses (and the Israelites) the reward of eternal life. Moses believed and didn’t consider the temporal riches of Egypt (he was the prince heir of the throne) greater than the reward promised by God. He looked at the eternal rather than at the temporal.

                The implication is that whatever our social position in life, high or low, God asks us to look to the eternal things and not to the temporal ones.  The impact on my life is that I order my life according to the priorities: whatever is attached to the eternal and invisible things should be my priority, in opposition to the temporal and visible things that this world offers. My prayer is that I will not detach my eyes from the reward, keeping the perspective of the eternity rather than taking the perspective of this temporal world of sin and its promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment