Monday, January 7, 2013


Job 1:21
And he said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: Jehovah gave, and Jehovah hath taken away; blessed be the name of Jehovah.
 

                God let Satan take everything dear that Job possessed, every good, and even his dear children. Even though in dire affliction, Job kept his eyes on the eternal values rather than on the temporal. The implication is that we should do the same, and continue to be thankful to God whatever our personal circumstances are.

                The impact on my life is that I should give to my life a constant direction of focusing on the eternal rather than on the temporal.  My prayer is that I will not detach my eyes from the reward, keeping the perspective of the eternity rather than taking the perspective of this temporal world of sin and its promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment