Tuesday, January 8, 2013


Heb 11:8
By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed to go out unto a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.


                God asked Abraham to go to a place unknown to him; there was no map, no compass, and no GPS back then.  Abraham could have say, “What kind of God is that?” But Abraham accepted the challenge; he wanted to be identified as a follower of the true God wherever He asks him to go. The spiritual implication is that God is calling us to follow Him wherever He goes (Rev 14:6). But the practical implication is true also: wherever God needs us, He will ask us to go. He can ask us at anytime, in any place, whoever we are.

                The impact for me is that God is the one to ask me to go to another place or to stay where I am. And for me is to obey or not. When God decides that my mission is done where I am now, He will tell me to go to another place, maybe a place unknown of me. My prayer is that we will want to be identified as a follower of the true God who calls us to go to places we don’t know and heed the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment