Wednesday, January 9, 2013


1John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.” (1Jo 3:14)



                God loved us first, and He gave us a new life.  Our “old man” is dead, we live in newness of life, we have a new heart of love because God is love and therefore we love our brothers in Christ.  The implication is that if we do not love our brothers, we are not born again but we are spiritually dead.

               The impact on my life is that God’s love for me has changed me and I need to “die daily”. My old man should not rise from the dead and show its ugly head and I should be filled with love for my brothers. My prayer is therefore that we would continue to be regenerated every day in newness of life and be filled with the Holy Spirit who He only can give us love for our brothers, even the most unlovable ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment