Saturday, January 12, 2013


John 16:23
“And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give
it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” (John 16:23-24)
 

God is the One who provides for all our needs AND He is the One who tells us to ask Him what we need, so that our joy may be full.  Our role, as creature of God, is to ask Him what we need, in the name of Jesus, whom God appointed to be the Man interceding for us in heaven.

The implication is that, as the receivers of the blessings of God we are to thank God first for these blessings. We are to express how much we understand our dependence on God, how much we love Him for providing for our needs, and so on. The impact? My life will be positive, always giving thanks to God for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (1Th 5:18 AV). Of course, my prayer is that we would daily practice, cultivate this habit of giving thanks to God, even before we ask Him whatever we think we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment