Sunday, January 13, 2013


Matt 5:44, 45
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” (Mt 5:44-45)
 

God has given us the example as far as loving our enemies is concerned! When we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, for the ungodly (Rom 5:8)!  In terms of “relational spirituality” this text is certainly the most difficult to put in practice and yet, with God nothing shall be impossible.” (Luke 1:37 AV). And, according to 1John 2:6, He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” (1Jo 2:6 AV). Therefore the implication is obvious: by the grace of God we can do it, we can love our enemies, bless those who hate us, and pray for those who despitefully use us, and are persecuting us.

As for the impact on my life, I will certainly look at things differently, from a different perspective. I will not judge those who may be against me but I will try to place myself in their shoes. We all come from different backgrounds and we have different present circumstances and therefore what looks white to one may looks black to the other. My love for others will grow and my joy too! My prayer is that we will be more sensitive to others (and more listening to the Holy Spirit!), that we will treat our neighbors with love and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment